4.22.2008

Spring is here!

Finally! My goodness, it's about time! Five and a half months is much too long to go without warmth and color. Although the winter has its own beauty, I can't tell you how truly desperate I was for color. Last week when I saw the first blossoming tree it honestly brought tears to my eyes. And you only think I'm joking. I truly thought it was one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen. In reality, it wasn't that beautiful of a tree and it's location was nothing special... it was just such a stark contrast to the dreary and dead city I'd been living in for so long.
Since the day I saw the tree, spring has become apparent all over. One of the best things is the temperature! It's been so nice outside. I LOVE that I don't have to worry about putting on a coat when I leave my house! Earlier today, I was laying on a blanket in a park in a short sleeve t-shirt! It's amazing!! Spring has also magically made people appear. There are people everywhere. There are always people at the parks, taking walks, riding bikes, or just sitting out in the sunlight. On BU campus, there's a hill you can see from Storrow dr., each day there are increasingly more people out there studying. It's so great! I think my favorite part is seeing all the children. I love seeing how happy they are to finally be able to play outside. And I love that they get their parents to play with them. I love seeing a dad and son playing catch or a mother chasing her toddler around the park. Spring brings so many opportunities for parent-child interactions because it's so much easier to find fun things to do. We are no longer limited to indoor activities. It's wonderful.
I can't believe Spring is actually here. I've been anticipating it for so long and now that it's here it seems too good to be true. But it is true!! Spring has Sprung and it makes me happier than I've been in a long, long time.

No comments: