4.30.2008

A Unique Time of Life

What an interesting time of life this is. Here I am, living across the country from my home and family, just for the experience and the education. I have met so many wonderful people, and with some I have grown very close. It is now getting close to summer and although a lot of my friends are staying in this area, there are some who are leaving and a few are not going to return in the fall. I think about the relationships I have with each of these people and it's crazy to me to think that, in all reality, I probably won't keep in close contact with very many of them. I think when I moved out here, I was so focused on creating a "new life" for myself that all the people I met out here just became a part of that life. It didn't really occur to me that they would be leaving and our paths would probably rarely cross. So, now that I have had this realization, the question is, do I put forth the time and energy to invest in relationships and friendships that are likely to just fade away? Most definitely. It may not last forever, but I am not going to miss out on something that could be wonderful just because it has to end. There are so many amazing people out here and I have truly been blessed to be around them. I am not about to miss opportunities for possible life changing friendships and experiences. I am going to use this time and try to live life to its fullest potential. College years are so unique and so wonderful. This is going to be fun. :)

1 comment:

Ryan Holdaway said...

You know, I totally relate to your feelings here man. You are great at expressing yourself