6.07.2008

Fragile

I just learned of the passing of a high school friend. Although I didn't know her extremely well, the news came hard and hit a little close to home. With the passing of my dad being so recent, anything along those lines has been especially hard to bear. Both deaths were unexpected, one a heart attack and the other a car accident. It should remind us all how short this life truly is. How precious is this time we have. None of us can afford to get caught up in the things of this life. There are so many distractions all around us and each one is just another thing to distract us from our true purpose and goal of drawing closer to Christ. Don't let the world distract you. Stay focused and stay strong. We can never know which day will be our last.

1 comment:

vallarsen49 said...

wow. You're so right. I've had a lot of thoughts lately about telling people how much you love them. Katasha I'm so grateful for you. I've learned so much from watching you be generous with your resources. You're so open to driving people anywhere they need to be and being a listener to your passengers. You have a bright, beautiful spirit. Thankyou for sharing your talent and letting all of us see the world through your eyes in your beautiful photography. Thankyou, mostly, for your adventurous spirit and fun loving, positive attitude. You are a blessing to us all. And I really miss you even though I love being in Utah. The Lord has blessed us all with you. xoxox see you soon!